Friday, April 21, 2006

Hanami Time!



Sakura, hanami, cherry blossoms. I don't know the freaking difference, but I do know that it is warming up here. Last weekend I decided to go and see what all the fuss was about (we have trees in Borneo you know). I went to the local park near the town castle on a sunny spring afternoon to check them out. I was told that the cherry blossoms sybolise the impermanance of life... that may be true but they sure do taste good. Loads of people seemed to celebrating their own personal impermanance by getting thoroughly pissed on chu-hi (more about this at a later date) and happoshu (more about this as well), WOO HOO. It is only now that the blossoms are all disappearing that I truely appreciate the temorary stuff. Pass the sake, I think I'm sobering up. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home